[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
MOULTON village is scattered on a pleasant acclivity, 9 miles W. of Yarmouth, and includes within its parish 235 inhabitants, and about 1000 acres of land. Lady Cath. Melville owns the whole, except 200 acres, and is lady of the manor, impropriator, and patroness of the Church (St Mary,) which is a vicarage, valued in the King's Books at £5. 6s. 3d., and in 1831 at £185. It has 12A. of glebe, and £200 of Queen Anne's Bounty, obtained in 1775. The Rev. George Burgess is the incumbent. The Church Land consists of 3½ acres, given by Henry Palmer in 1523. The Poor's Allotment, 9A. 2R. 22P., was awarded at the enclosure in 1803, and is now let for £20.
Broom John miller Tills Robert blacksmith farmers. Boult Edward Rising Boult Wm. Burcham Isaac Walnes John
See also the Moulton St Mary parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.