Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Morley St Peter

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

MORLEY ST. PETER is a parish on the south side of the above [ie of Morley St Botolph], 2½ miles N. by E. of Attleborough, and 3½ miles S.W. of Wymondham. It has 191 souls, and 1009A. of land, mostly the property of J.T. Graver Browne, Esq., the lord of the manor, who resides at Morley House, a handsome white brick mansion, erected four years ago, in a fine lawn, well-studded with oak and other trees, and commanding extensive views. The old Hall, anciently the seat of the Sedleys, is encompassed by a deep moat.

The Church is a very small edifice, and its curacy has long been consolidated with the rectory of St. Botolph, which is considered the mother church of both parishes.

DIRECTORY:

	Browne   J.T.G., Esq.   Morley House
	Canham   Fras.          farm steward

	   farmers

	Anthony  Edward
	Ayton    Noah
	Clarke   Robert and Wm.
	Howell   Barnard
	Matthews John

See also the Morley St Peter parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
September 2004