Norfolk: Morley St Botolph
Zachary Clark: Charities belonging to the Poor: 1811
of the different CHARITIES
belonging to THE POOR
of the COUNTY of NORFOLK,
Abridged from the Returns under GILBERT'S ACT,
to the House of Commons in 1786;
and from THE TERRIERS
in the Office of the LORD BISHOP OF NORWICH.
by ZACHARY CLARK.
- G - (if present) an abridged extract from Gilbert's Returns, 1786
- T - (if present) an abridged extract from a terrier, with its date
- GT - (if present) combined abridged extracts from Gilbert's Returns
and a terrier.
- In the original, pounds are shown as "l" so, for example, 60 pounds
is shown as "60l." which is not easy to read. In this transcription
they are shown as "£" so 60 pounds appears as "£60".
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
MORLEY ST. BOTOLPH.
G.- £5 per annum, secured upon an Estate
in the possession of Thomas Arigson [sic], bequeathed
by Elizabeth the wife of John Brown, of Colton,
in 1732, to be applied as follows, viz. - £3
yearly for teaching 6 poor children of this parish
to read, and £2 more yearly towards buying
books and cloaths for the said children.
William Jackson, by Will, in 1762, gave the
annual sum of £1 for bread, to be distributed
amongst the Poor of this parish; which is paid
by Nicholas Jackson, the executor.
See also the Morley St Botolph parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.