MINTLYN is a decayed parish, 2½ miles east-by-south from Lynn, in the North Western division of the county, Freebridge Lynn hundred, petty sessional division and union and Lynn county court district.
The ancient church of St. Michael is now in ruins, and the inhabitants attend Gaywood church.
Thomas Edward Bagge esq. of Gaywood Hall, is lord of the manor and sole landowner. The soil is gravel and sandy. The chief crops are wheat and barley, with a portion of meadow. The area is 1,114 acres; rateable value, £888; the population in 1891 was 33.
Letters through Lynn, the nearest money order & telegraph office, arrive at 7.30 a.m. & 2.30 p.m.
The children of this place attend the school at Gaywood.
Boam Joseph Limited (of Leicester), sand merchants Benson William (the exors. of), farmers Warnes William farmer Webster William head gamekeeper to Thomas Edward Bagge esq
Copyright © Pat Newby.