METTON, 3½ miles S. of Cromer, has in its parish 78 inhabitants and 660 acres of land, belonging to John Ketton, Esq., the lord of the manor and patron of the Church (St. Andrew) which is a small building, comprising nave, chancel, and square tower with two bells. It was restored and refitted with open seats in 1859, at a cost of £110. The discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £7, is consolidated with Felbrigg. (See page 647 [which is the entry for Felbrigg]). The tithes of Metton were commuted in 1842 for £137.
The chief residents are -
Betts Rev. W.K. rector of Felbrigg with Metton farmers Bartram James Crowe Danl. Duffield Fras. Pank EdmundPOST from Norwich, via Roughton.
Copyright © Pat Newby.