METTON, 3½ miles S. of Cromer, has in its parish only 71 souls, and 660 acres of land, belonging to W.H. Windham, Esq., the lord of the manor and patron of the Church (St. Andrew,) which is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £7, and consolidated with Felbrigg. (See page 756 [which is the entry for Felbrigg].) The tithes of Metton were commuted in 1842, for £137.
Barlow Rev. Henry M. curate Payne James wheelwright farmers Bartram James Crowe Daniel King Robt.
Copyright © Pat Newby.