It has a rateable value of about £3000, and Robert Fellowes, Esq., is patron of the rectory, lord of the manor, and owner of nearly the whole parish, which was anciently held by the Mautebys, of whom there are some ancient monuments in the church.
The CHURCH (St. Peter and St. Paul) is a small thatched fabric, consisting of a nave and chancel, with a tower, round at the base and octagonal above, containing one bell. In the chancel are sedilia and a piscina, and some of the windows contain fragments of stained glass. The register dates from 1660.
The rectory, valued in the King's Books at £13 6s. 8d., has 45A. 2R. of glebe, and is now in the incumbency of the Rev. Charles Fellowes of Shottesham, for whom the Rev. - Budd officiates.
POST via Filby.
Budd Rev. Theodore curate-in-charge, Rectory house Brown John farmer Fellowes Rev. Chs. rctr.; h Shottesham Fellowes Robert farmer and owner; h Shottesham park Gibbs George parish clerk Hewitt Mrs farmer, Marsh farm Kidman Fredk. farmer, Church farm Reynolds Wm. farm bailiff, Wood frm. Wright - farmer, Rectory farm
Copyright © Pat Newby.