The CHURCH is a small Early English fabric, comprising nave, chancel, and north transept. A new window was inserted in 1859 by the present rector, whose predecessor gave the font. The rectory, valued in the King's Book at £3. 15s. 10d., is consolidated with Hockering, as noticed at page 325; and the tithes were commuted in 1839, for £200 per annum. The Church land, 5A. 2R. 13P., is let for £9.
The Fuel Allotment, awarded at the enclosure, in 1811, consists of 17A. 3R. 15P., let for about £25 10s. a year, which is distributed in coals. The poor have also £7 10s., from Mary Thornton's charity, as noticed with Mattishall, and £2 4s. 4d. yearly from the charities of W. Mowting, Robt. Harlestone, and Mr. Barnham.
LETTERS arrive at 8.30 a.m. from East Dereham through Mattishall, which is the nearest Money Order and Telegraph Office.
Bowman Lambert farmer Crisp James vict. & fmr. Cross Keys Dunthorn Stephen farmer Francis Geo. Hastings farmer, The Grove Knapp Gricks Frederick farmer King John farmer Norton Linder farmer Norton Robert farmer, Clifton's green Savory David farmer Wilkinson Thomas farmerCARRIER - To Norwich, Geo. Norton, Sat.
Copyright © Pat Newby.