See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Mattishall is about 5 miles E. of East Dereham.
See also Mattishall Burgh.
- Mattishall Churches
- All Saints, St Peter, Methodist, Evangelical,
United Reformed, and the Old Moor Chapel.
Description, pictures, etc.
- Methodist Church
- Minister, services, picture, etc.
Follow the link to the home page, then search for the church.
- Jolly, Cyril
- The story of Methodism in Mattishall.
- Bishop's Transcripts
- Mid-Norfolk FHS
- A History of Mattishall United Reformed Church, including a
history of the Independent and Congregational Churches there
1772-1998, marriages 1882-1997, deaths 1780-1998, memorial
inscriptions from Badley Moor, which is the redundant burial
ground adjacent to the Old Moor Meeting House and Welgate
Chapel, and a list of ministers from 1650).
[Mid-Norfolk FHS, 1999?]
- Seaman, Peter J. and Palgrave-Moore, Patrick
- Norfolk nonconformist registers.
No.1: Mattishall and Dereham Congregational 1772-1837,
Mattishall and Watton Primitive Methodist 1832-1837;
transcribed and indexed.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Genealogical Society, 1983]
Description and Travel
- Mattishall and Mattishall Burgh Village Pages
- Description, history, churches, pictures, wartime, news,
local businesses, etc.
- Barringer, J.C. (ed)
- Towards a history of Mattishall: from research by the
Village History Group of Mattishall Society.
[Mattishall, the Society, 1977]
Land and Property
- Great Britain. Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of Claims: Mattishall.
Drawn up in pursuance of the Act of Inclosure, 1801.
- Great Britain: Statute
- Mattishall Inclosure Act, 1801.
An act for dividing, allotting, and inclosing the open fields,
commons, and waste lands, within the parish of Mattishall, in
the county of Norfolk.
- Maps of Mattishall
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
- Mattishall Airfield
- Description, history, pictures, etc.
- Bingham, Derek
- Mattishall Airfield and the Zeppelins, 1916-19.
[Privately published, 1999]
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.