The Church (St. Peter,) has a tower, round at the base and octangular above. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £5, and was augmented in 1731, with £200 of Queen Anne's Bounty, and £200, given by Richard Whitaker, laid out in 40A. of land, at Gresham. The glebe is 10A., and the tithes were commuted in 1841, for £130 per annum. The Rev. A. Langton, of Hempstead, near Holt, is incumbent, and the Queen, as Duchess of Lancaster, is patroness.
Cooper Robert shoemaker and beer seller Gunton D., Esq. Howes Henry farmer Leeder Wm. blacksmith Newstead Eliz. shopkeeper Parker Fras. wheelwright Spurgeon Wm. farmer Tubby Sophia shopkeeper
Copyright © Pat Newby.