See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Martham is about 9 miles N.N.W. of Great Yarmouth.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Churchyard of the Church of St Mary The Virgin
- Transcriptions of gravestones.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Flegg, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
Until 1857 it had been in the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of Norwich.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Taylor, Edward Samuel
- Notices of the Church of Martham, Norfolk, previous to its
restoration in 1856.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society,
in "Norfolk Archaeology", vol.5, 1859]
- Methodist Church
- Minister, services, picture, etc.
Follow the link to the home page, then search for the church.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Parish Registers
- Archdeacon's Transcripts or Bishop's Transcripts
- Baptisms and
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1923 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Martham was in
Flegg Registration District.
Between 1837 and 1850, the district was called East and West Flegg.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Martham Parish Council
- Meetings, minutes, events, history, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Martham is in West Flegg Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for East Flegg and West Flegg Hundreds
- Description of East Flegg and West Flegg Hundreds
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Manning, Derek
- Martham Ferry.
[Norwich, Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society,
in "Journal of the Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society",
vol.6, no.5, 2000]
- Meakin, Ann
- Glimpses into the History of the Village of Martham.
[Martham, Skippers Print and Design, 1996]
- Orton, Christine
- Martham in times past.
[ISBN 0861571355, Chorley, Countryside Publication, 1984]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Martham Inclosure Act, 1812.
[Great Yarmouth, Beart, 1812]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.