MARSHAM, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of ERPINGHAM, county of NORFOLK, 2 miles (S.) from Aylsham, containing 624 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Norwich, rated in the king's books at £10. 12. 9. Lord Viscount Anson was patron in 1787. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The manufactures of worsted and bombazine are carried on here.
Copyright © Pat Newby.