MARSHAM, a village 10 miles N. of Norwich, and 2 miles S. of Aylsham. The parish comprises 1819 acres, and contained in 1841, 694 inhabitants; its present residents are:-
Blyth Joseph bricklayer Case Mr. Thomas Henry Crane William blacksmith Ducker William farm bailiff Edridge Thomas joiner Elvin William miller Forster Wm. master national school Gunton Rev. John (rector) Heasel Miss A. Hill William superintendent registrar, clerk to Aylsham Union and to the Commissioners of Taxes, agent to the Farmers' fire, life and hail insurance office Jarvis Maria grocery dealer Jones John shoemaker Mack Robert joiner Marsham Rev. Henry Philip Moore Edward blacksmith Moore Isaiah grocery dealer Moore Sophia 'White Hart' Neave Samuel cooper Skipps Isaac shoemaker Watts Robt. H. 'Plough and Shuttle' Wright John relieving officer and registrar Farmers. Eade Hartt Greenwood Charles Howlett John Cross green Jones George Samuel Moore Alice Rounce Benjamin Shickle Robert Warnes John Watts John Whiting Thomas
Copyright © Pat Newby.