[Transcription copyright © Paddy Apling]
MARLINGFORD parish, in the vale of the Yare, 6 miles W. of Norwich, has 195 souls, and 617 acres of land, mostly the property of Thomas L'Estrange Ewen, Esq., the lord of the manor.
The Church (Virgin Mary,) is a small edifice, and the living is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £7. 12s. 8d., and in 1831 at £185. It was augmented in 1725-'6, with £200 of Queen Anne's Bounty, and £200 given by Rt. Fellowes, Esq. The tithes have been commuted for £162 per annum. The Rev. Thomas Greene is patron, and the Rev. Geo. Taylor incumbent.
The poor have the interest of £10, left by Mary Wright, in 1798.
Carman John farmer Cater John gent. Colman Wm. miller Farrow John beer seller Franklin Henry farm steward Hipperson Sar. Ann schoolmistress Morris Wm. farmer Taylor Rev. Arthur curate
See also the Marlingford parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.