LYNFORD parish has only 95 inhabitants, and 1500 acres of land, from 7 to 8 miles N.N.W. of Thetford. The Hall, a handsome and spacious brick mansion, in the Elizabethan style, built by the late S.L. Stephens, Esq., in 1858-9, is the seat and property of his widow, who is lady of the manor, and sole owner of the parish, which is farmed by F.C. Roper, Esq., of Boyton Hall, Suffolk.
The Church was demolished several centuries ago, and its site is now enclosed and planted with Scotch firs, in the south-west part of the courtyard leading to the hall. The benefice was annihilated with the church.
POST from Lynford, via Mundford.
Copyright © Pat Newby.