See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Lynford is about 6 miles N.W. of Thetford.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Cranwich, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- There is no parish church.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady and St Stephen
- Description and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Lynford was in
Thetford Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Lynford is in Grimshoe Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Grimshoe Hundred
- Description of Grimshoe Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
|1801|| 5|| 5|| 37|
|1811|| 9|| 9|| 67|
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
- 1911 Census
- Out of the population of 115, 19 were in one institution or
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.