Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Limpenhoe

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

LIMPENHOE, near the Railway, 11 miles E.S.E. of Norwich, has in its parish 186 souls, and 1077 acres of land, mostly the property of J.F. Leathes, Esq., the lord of the manor, impropriator, and patron of the Church (St. Botolph,) which is a discharged vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £6. 13s. 4d., and annexed to Southwood rectory. Here are 3 acres of glebe, and the poor have half an acre, let for 10s.

The Primitive Methodists have a small chapel here.

DIRECTORY:-

	Church   Wm.      vict., Falcon
	Clark    John     shopkeeper
	Cullum   Richard  land steward
	Jermyn   Wm.      joiner
	Mallett  Wm.      shoemaker
	Rushmer  Hy.      beer seller

	   farmers

	Browning Hy.
	Drake    Fras.
	Neave    Jas.
	Rushmer  Thos.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

See also the Limpenhoe parish page.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
March 2004