See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Limpenhoe is about 9 miles west south west of Great Yarmouth.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- The parish is in the deanery of Blofield, in the archdeaconry of
- The parish church is dedicated to St Botolph.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Husenbeth, Frederick Charles
- On some mural paintings discovered in Limpenhoe Church (St
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society,
in "Norfolk Archaeology", vol.5, 1859]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Limpenhoe is in Blofield hundred.
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- See Freethorpe.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Blofield Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
1901: "Including Limpenhoe Hill".
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.