LEZIATE is a small decayed parish, on the north side of the turnpike, 4 miles E. of Lynn, containing a few scattered houses, 172 inhabitants, and 1,345 acres of sandy land, including a warren, and a common of 104A. The soil has been much improved during the last ten years. A great part of it is in Mrs. Sharrack's manor of Well Hall; but A. Hamond, Esq. has about 200 acres; and Mr. Ephraim Howes belongs to Holt House, with 500 acres, distant nearly two miles south of Leziate, in the vale, opposite Middleton tower.
Of the CHURCH at Leziate, nothing remains but the foundation, the benefice having been long consolidated with Ashwicken. (See page 585 [which is the entry for Ashwicken].) The tithes of Leziate were commuted in 1839 for £280 10s. 5d. per annum.
Dawson Wm. Robert relieving officer Gamble Thos. farm steward to A. Hamond, Esq. Gray John farmer Howes Ephraim, Esq. Holt House Pagriff P. farmer Smith Wm. carpenter Utting Henry farmer
Copyright © Pat Newby.