The parish, which was famous for milk and butter as early as the reign of Elizabeth, all belongs to R. T. Gurdon, Esq., M.P., who resides at the hall, a handsome quadrangular mansion of white brick, seated in an extensive and well-wooded park. He is patron of the rectory, which is valued in the King's Book at £7 14s. 7d., and was consolidated with Cranworth in 1547. The Rev. T. P. Garnier, M.A., is the incumbent.
The CHURCH (All Saints) was dilapidated many years ago, and its site is now marked by a plantation on the south side of the park.
The Fuel Allotment, awarded in 1798, is 7A. 1R. 24P., let for £10 a year.
POST via Thetford.
Crafer William Henry farmer Goddard James N. farmer Gurdon R.T. Esq. M.P. Letton hall Stebbings Edward W. farmer Stebbings Henry farmer, Hall farm Stebbings William farm steward to R. T. Gurdon, Esq.
Copyright © Pat Newby.