See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Langham is about 6 miles N.W. of Holt.
It is also known as Langham Episcopi or Bishop's Langham.
See also Langford
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- The Monumental Inscriptions in the Hundred of Holt (Walter Rye).
- The parishes covered include Langham.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Holt, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Andrew and St Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Linnell, Charles L.S.
- The Church of St Andrew and St Mary, Langham Episcopi.
[Langham Episcopi, The Church, 1961]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Langham Marriages 1695-1812
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 3.
- Parish Registers
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Langham was in
Walsingham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- No author
- Blakeney Langham Morston Cley Wiveton: Festival year 1951.
(Festival of Britain 1951)
[ISBN 0951832816, 1951?]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Langham is in Holt Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Holt Hundred
- Description of Holt Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Parker, Janet
- Langham: When yesterday was today.
[This may not be Langham in Norfolk. Please tell me if you know
anything about this book].
[ISBN 0951878506, 1991]
- Van Damme, Ellen and Honer, Douglas E.
- Aspects of Langham: a Norfolk village.
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain. Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of Claims (24): Langham Magna and Langham Parva.
Drawn up in pursuance of the Act of Inclosure, 1815.
- Great Britain: Statute
- Langham Inclosure Act, 1815.
An act for inclosing lands in the parish of Langham, in the
county of Norfolk.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
- Bartram, Len
- R.A.F. Langham, Norfolk with R.A.F. Weybourne: a brief
[Melton Constable, 1999]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- Honer, Douglas E
- A Village Schoolmaster: An account of the careers of Arthur
Smith and his wife Amy Ridout, and of the village school at
Langham, Norfolk, where they taught.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.