[Transcription copyright © Pamela Littlefair]
KILVERSTONE, in the vale of the Thet river, 1¼ mile E. of Thetford, is a parish, with 47 inhabitants, and 1869 acres of sandy land, the property of John Wright, Esq., who resides at the Hall, a nea mansion of flint, in a pleasant park, extending down to the river.
The Church is a small edifice, with a low round tower, and the living is a rectory, valued in the King's Book, at £7. 14s. 9d., and now having 26A. of glebe, and a yearly rent of £140, in lieu of tithes. The patronage is in the crown, and the Rev. Thos. Methold, of Thetford, is the incumbent.
Besides the Hall, here are only a few cottages.
See also the Kilverstone parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.