See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Kilverstone is about 1 mile E. of Thetford.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Kilverstone Monumental Inscriptions
- [Parish Register Transcription Society, Medway Series, 2000?]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- Church of St Andrew
- Description and pictures.
- Brooks, Rev Edward Charles
- A short history of the parish church of St Andrew, Kilverstone.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Kilverstone was in
Thetford Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Kilverstone is in Shropham hundred.
- Clover, R.D.
- Tale of an area: a village study and history of Croxton,
Kilverstone, and Barnham (Suffolk) and the infancy of Thetford.
[ISBN 0950547905, Thetford, 1975]
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Thetford Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
- Roll of Honour
- World War 1.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
|1861|| 9||--|| 39|
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.