Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Keswick

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

KESWICK, near the railway and the Yare, 3 miles S.S.W. of Norwich, has in its parish 117 souls, and 722 acres of land, nearly all the property of Hudson Gurney, Esq., the lord of the manor, who occupies the New Hall, but has another residence in London.

Henry Birkbeck, Esq., banker, occupies the Old Hall. The other residents are Miles Blomfield, miller; and Fras. Spalding, maltster and land agent.

Of the Church (All Saints,) nothing remains but part of the round tower; the rectory, valued in the King's Book at £5, having been long consolidated with that of Intwood.


See also the Keswick parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
December 2007