INTWOOD, 3½ miles S.W. by S. of Norwich, is crossed by the railway, and has in its parish only 49 souls, and 530 acres of land, all the property of Joseph Salisbury Muskett, Esq., of Intwood Hall, which he rebuilt in a handsome style of architecture, some years ago. Here it was that Sir Thos. Gresham entertained the great Earl of Warwick, in his march against the rebel Kett, in 1549.
Mr. Muskett occupies nearly all the parish, and is patron of the Church, (All Saints,) which is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £5, and in 1831 at £350, with that of Keswick annexed to it, in the incumbency of the Rev. E.S. Dixon, of Cringleford.
Copyright © Pat Newby.