For more information about this parish see
Norfolk Parish Links.
Search for more references to this parish - See
Contents & Search above.
Modern and Historical Maps of this Parish.
Ingoldisthorpe is about 9 miles N.N.E. of King's Lynn.
The name may also be spelled Ingoldesthorpe.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Heacham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Michael.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Michael
- Description and pictures.
- Church of St Michael
- Picture of the church.
- The Church
- Ingoldisthorpe: the Church of St. Michael.
[Ingoldisthorpe, The Church, 1960s]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Marriages 1754-1837
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 12.
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Ingoldisthorpe was in
Docking Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Howard, Richard G.
- A Survey of Ingoldisthorpe.
[Typescript in Norwich Local Studies Library, 1964]
- King's Lynn Arts Centre.
- Portrait of a Village: Ingoldisthorpe.
[ISBN 1898328013, West Norfolk Living Histories, 1993]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Ingoldisthorpe is in Smithdon hundred.
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Annual Inclosure Act, 1856.
An act to authorize the inclosure of certain lands in
pursuance of a report of the Inclosure Commissioners for
England and Wales: 11th April 1856.
(The schedule refers to 29 locations, amongst which is the
parish of Ingoldisthorpe in Norfolk, for which a provisional
inclosure order was made on 2 August 1855).
[London, George Edward Eyre and William Spottiswoode, 1856]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Docking Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.