Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Ingham

Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

INGHAM, a village 16 miles N.E. of Norwich, 17 miles N.W. of Yarmouth, 2 miles E. of Stalham, and 9 miles S.E. by E. of North Walsham. The parish comprises 1500 acres, and contained in 1841, 489 inhabitants; its present residents are:-

	Amess     Robert            wheelwright
	Batchelor Martin            shoemaker
	Beck      William           blacksmith
	Cork      Robert            shoemaker
	Greenacre Isaiah            steward for Mrs. Postle
	Horner    William           grocer & draper
	Lack      William           'Swan'
	Long      John              bricklayer
	Matthews  George            miller
	Oakley    John              master mariner
	Postle    Mrs. Elizabeth    The Villa
	Priest    Charles           relieving officer
	Venimore  Mr. James         (baptist min.)
	Whaites   Robert F.
	            and J.J. Esqs.
	Wymer     Rev. Edward, B.A.

	   Farmers

	Amess     John
	Harvey    John
	Lack      William
	Lusher    John
	Pilgrim   Postle
COACH to Norwich, Lack, Mon. Wed. and Sat. at 7 morning


See also the Ingham parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
December 2009