[Transcription copyright © Pamela Littlefair]
ILLINGTON parish, on the banks of a rivulet, 5 miles W.N.W. of East Harling, comprises only 93 inhabitants, and 1100 acres of land, all the property of the Rev. Robert Churchman Long, the lord of the manor, and patron and incumbent of the rectory, valued in the King's Book at £6. 19s. 2d., and in 1831, at £140.
The Church (St. Andrew,) is a small edifice, with a square tower, and an inscription to the memory of Sir John Churchman, Knight.
Francis Hamond Gates farms the parish.
See also the Illington parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.