See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Illington is about 6 miles N.E. of Thetford.
See also Hillington.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Church of St Andrew
- Transcriptions and photographs of gravestones in the churchyard.
Not all gravestones may be included, even when a site is marked
as complete, for example when stones are not legible enough to
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Rockland, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Andrew.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Andrew
- Description and picture.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Parish Register Transcripts
- Baptisms 1813-1880
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Illington was in
Wayland Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Illington is in Shropham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Shropham Hundred
- Description of Shropham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Davison, Alan J.; Green, Barbara; and Milligan, Bill
- Illington: a study of a Breckland parish and its Anglo-Saxon
[ISBN 0905594096, Norfolk Museums Service, East Anglian Archaeology,
report no.63, 1993]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Land Tax
- Principal property owners and occupiers, and the amounts paid.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
|1801|| 5||11|| 71|
|1811|| 6||17|| 72|
|1821|| 7||15|| 96|
|1831|| 8||17|| 91|
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
Other population figures
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.