HUNWORTH, in the vale of the Glaven, 2½ miles S.S.W. of Holt, has in its parish 234 souls, and 804 acres of land, belonging to the Dowager Lady Suffield, the lady of the manor, and patroness of the Church (St. Lawrence,) which is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £4, and consolidated with Stody, in the incumbency of the Rev. J. W. Flavell, who has here 6A. of glebe, and a yearly rent of £152. 10s., awarded in 1841, in lieu of tithes.
Here is a Primitive Methodist Chapel.
For schooling poor children of Hunworth and Stody, Wm. Symonds, in 1688, left a yearly rent-charge of £6.
Curtis David baker Funnell Edward shoemaker Funnell Martha schoolmistress Funnell Richard W. shopkeeper Peck Thomas smith and wheelwright Rudd Wm. brewer and maltster Spencer James saddler and tanner Welton John vict., Bell Welton Howard gamekeeper farmers. Bassingthwaite Jas. and Wm. Bidwell Samuel Burton Jas. Moore Jas.
Copyright © Pat Newby.