Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Horstead with Stanninghall

Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

HORSTEAD-cum-STANNINGHALL, a village 7 miles N.N.E. of Norwich. The parish comprises 2586 acres, and contained in 1841, 625 inhabitants; its present residents are:-

	Amis       Robert             shoemaker
	Baldwin    John               bricklayer
	Bird       Edward             shoemaker
	Blake      Thomas, Esq. LL.D.
	Brightwen  Thomas, Esq.       Horstead House
	Burrell    George             blacksmith
	Collins    John               'Recruiting Sergeant'
	Coman      John               tailor
	Cooke and
	 Gambling                     millers
	Cooke      Mr. Samuel         Mill House
	Copland    George             coal dealer
	Ewing      John               grocery dealer
	Foulger    John               blacksmith
	Lee        John               miller
	Norgate    Maria              day school
	Partridge  Mr. Robert
	Suffield   Dowager Lady       Hall
	Thackery   Rev. Joseph        (rectory)
	Wright     James              corn, coal and timber merchant

	                      Farmers.

	Cooke      William            Mayes     William
	Foster     John               Page      Philip
	Gostling   John, jun.         Pretty    John
	Gostling   William            Smith     Richard
	Lovick     James              Utting    John  (Stanninghall)
CARRIERS to Norwich, Barnard, Mon. Wed. Fri. & Sat. 9 morn. and Edwards, Mon. Wed. & Sat. 9 morn.


See also the Horstead with Stanninghall parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
January 2010