Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Horning

Clergy of the Church of St Benedict

The list, from 1299 to 1762, is from Francis Blomefield's Topographical History of the County of Norfolk, Volume 11: Tunstead, Walsham, West Flegg, and East Flegg Hundreds, pages 56-57, published in 1810.

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

  John, occurs vicar in 1299.
1300, William de Brundale instituted.
1319, Hervey de Brok.
1334, Richer de Foxele.
1340, William le Cooke.
1375, John Gernoun.
1381, Henry Crede.
1420, John Gresham.
1420, John Colney.
1425, Richard Chapman.
1431, John Thirston.
1433, William Watton.
1437, John Foster.
1441, John Smith.
1443, John Brown.
1488, Robert Palmer.
1493, Roger Humpfrey.
In 1593,   --- Styward occurs vicar.
1613, John Dix, collated by the Bishop.
1662, John Sheringham.
1730, George Kenrick.
1762, John Blackburn.

See also the Horning parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
July 2011