HOLVERSTON, 5 miles S.E. by E. of Norwich, is a parish in Henstead union and hundred, Swainsthorpe petty sessional division, Norwich county court district and bankruptcy district, Norwich polling district of South Norfolk, West Brooke rural deanery, and Norfolk archdeaconry. It had 18 inhabitants in 1881, living on 480 acres, and has a rateable value of £533 2s. 6d. The soil mostly belongs to Lieut.-Colonel Marcon, of Swaffham, and all in one farm, occupied by Mr. Cyrus Gillett.
The CHURCH (St. Mary) was dilapidated some centuries ago, and no traces of it are now extant. The rectory is united to Burgh-Apton.
POST OFFICE at the Hall Gate. Post from Norwich, viâ Framingham.
See also the Holverston parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.