See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Walsingham, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Andrew.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Collyer, Robert
- A few words more; or, A farewell sermon: preached in the parish
church of Holkham, Norfolk, on Sunday, August the 2nd, 1840.
[Norwich, The author, 1840]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Marriages 1542-1812
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 2.
- Parish Registers
- List of Surnames of People who come from other Parishes
(these people are often known as "Strays")
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Holkham was in
Walsingham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Lingwood, Lemmon
- The illustrated guide to Wells-next-the-Sea, including
Holkham, Walsingham, Fakenham, and Districts: containing
full description of Lord Nelson's birthplace.
[London, Jarrold, (18-?)]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Holkham is in North Greenhoe Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for North Greenhoe Hundred
- Description of North Greenhoe Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Holkham Hall
- House, gardens, family, pictures, etc.
- (No author)
- Holkham Hall, Norfolk: seat of the Earls of Leicester.
[ISBN 0851012795, Derby, English Life, 1990]
- Bacon, Richard Noverre
- A report of the transactions at the Holkham sheep-shearing,
July 2-5, 1832.
Including the presentation of a service of plate to Mr. Blaikie,
by the Holkham tenantry at Fakenham on Thursday May 3rd 1832, and
a list of tenants regretting his retirement.
[Norwich, Burks and Kinnebrook, 1832]
- Dawson, John, 1734-1820
- The stranger's guide to Holkham: containing a description
of the paintings, statues etc. of Holkham House.
[Burnham: J. Dawson, 1817]
- Hassall, William and Beauroy, Jacques (editors)
- Lordship and landscape in Norfolk, 1250-1350: the early
records of Holkham.
[ISBN 0197260934, Oxford University Press for the British Academy,
Records of Social and Economic History, New series v.20, 1993]
- Laver, James
- Holkham Hall.
[Holkham: Earl of Leicester, 1960]
- Rigby, Edward, 1747-1821
- Holkham, its agriculture, etc.
[3rd ed., London: Hunter, 1818]
- Wade Martins, Susanna
- The Holkham estate in the nineteenth century: with special
reference to farm building and agricultural improvement.
[Norwich: University of East Anglia Thesis, 1975]
- Wade Martins, Susanna
- A great estate at work: the Holkham estate and its
inhabitants in the nineteenth century (with index).
[ISBN 0521226961, Cambridge University Press, 1980]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Coke (Earls of Leicester)
- See Norfolk People and
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.