Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Hockering

Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

HOCKERING, a village 13 miles W. by N. of Norwich, and 5 miles E. of East Dereham. The parish comprises an area of 1940 acres, and contained in 1841, 600 inhabitants; its present residents are:-

	Barnard      James             saddler
	Bayes        James             shoemaker
	Berney       Rev. Thomas, M.A.
	Howard       Mrs. Ann
	Huggins      William           blacksmith
	Isbill       Charles           butcher & beerhouse
	Kitteringham Downing           wheelwrt.
	Lovett       James             miller
	Mack         Amelius           butcher
	Masters      George            'Cock'
	Nelson       John              grocer
	Parker       Granville         farm [bailiff]
	Ramm         Rt.               whlwt. & parish clerk
	Taylor       Henry             tailor

	   Farmers.

	Galer        George
	Hook         John
	Leveridge    Moses
	Leveridge    Wiliam
	Mack         Amelius           (& butcher)
	Matthews     William
	Payne        James


See also the Hockering parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
September 2008