Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Hilborough

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1864

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

The description of the parish has not been transcribed because it is similiar to that in White's Directories for 1845 and 1883.

These are the names in the text that are not included in the list of residents and tradespeople, below:

	Burroughes Rev. J.
	Mills      John Remington, Esq., M.P.
	Nelson     Rev. John
There are memorials in the church to the Caldwell family.

This is the list of the tradespeople and the most prominent residents.

POST OFFICE at Mrs. Sparkhall's. Letters despatched via Brandon at 8.45 p.m.

	Anderson   James              shoemaker
	Copping    George             victualler, Swan
	Dolignon   Miss Louisa
	Eagle      William            shopkeeper  [see note below]
	Lyon       James              shopkeeper  [see note below]
	Forth      George             baker
	Hardy      Rev. Charles, M.A. Rectory
	Lever      Joseph             gamekeeper
	Loveday    James              blacksmith
	Stocking   William            wheelwright
	Sturgess   Albert H.          schoolmaster

	   FARMERS.

	Bacon      George
	Brasnett   John Jolly
	Brasnett   John
	Brasnett   Ts. Rowing         Rowley farm
	Copping    George
	Jackson    William
	Land       Caroline
	Leeds      Edward             (& miller)
	Smith      William

Note: in the original this is:      Eagle William & Lyon James, shopkeepers
See also the Hilborough parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
March 2009