HETHEL, a parish of scattered houses, 7 miles S.W. by S. of Norwich, has 211 inhabitants, and 1416 acres of land. H. Gurney, Esq., and Sir J.P. Boileau own most of the soil, and have manors here, but part of the parish is in the manor of East Carlton-with-Hethel.
The Church (All Saints,) is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £10, and now having 60A. 1R. 39P. of glebe, and a yearly rent of £474, awarded in 1839, in lieu of tithes. The Rev. John Henry Steward is patron and incumbent.
Bickmore Rev. Frederick Hall farmers Crane Mrs. Claxton James Cook Wm. Gardner Samuel Huggins Wm. Stannard Wm.
Copyright © Pat Newby.