Norfolk: Hempstead by Holt
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Hempstead by Holt is about 2 miles S.E. of Holt.
See also Hempstead near Stalham.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- The Monumental Inscriptions in the Hundred of Holt (Walter Rye).
- The parishes covered include Hempstead by Holt.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Holt, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of All Saints
- Services and location.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Archdeacons' Transcripts
- Baptisms 1730-1812, Marriages 1730-1812 and
[Parish Register Transcription Society, Dart Series, 2000?]
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Hempstead by Holt
Erpingham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Carver, Robin
- Hempstead: a Norfolk village.
[Hempstead Church Buildings Trust, 2000]
- Hempstead Water Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
- Lewis, Paul; and Lewis, Angela
- Hempstead Water Mill.
[Norwich, Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society,
in "Journal of the Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society",
vol.III, no.2, 1982
- Hempstead Post Mill
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Hempstead by Holt is in Holt Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Holt Hundred
- Description of Holt Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Macro and Withers
- Report of an appeal case [about tithes] between dowager Lady
Suffield and the parish-officers of Hempstead in Norfolk, which
was tried at Walsingham quarter-sessions, July 25, 1823.
[Holt, J. Shalders, 1824]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.