Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Hellesdon

Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk 1850

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

HELLESDON, a hamlet of Norwich, 2 miles N.W. of that city. The parish comprises 2000 acres, and contained in 1841, 400 inhabitants; its present residents are:-

	Baldry     Robert              gardener
	Basey      John                gardener
	Basey      Mr. Robert
	Batson     Edward              miller
	Bexfield   Sarah               milliner
	Bleakley   Robert              farmer
	Blofield   Rev. T.J.           (rector) res. Drayton
	Blythe     James               wheelwright
	Brown      Rev. Philip U. B.A.
	Coy        Sumpter             inland revenue officer
	Cross      George              farmer
	De Lane    Mr. William
	Dixon      John                gardener
	Gowing     George              farmer
	Greenfield Samuel              gardener
	Holman     Josiah              blacksmith
	Howes      Mr. Charles
	Pratt      Benjamin            'Windmills'
	Porrett    William             butcher
	Reynolds   Joshua              miller
	Riches     John                gardener
	Steward    Samuel W.P.         brickmaker
	Stoulger   Edward              Steward for the Rev. P.U. Brown
	Tallowin   Jph.                'Mile Cross'
	Talman     Jph.                farmer
	Wells      William Harrison    miller, Water Mills
	White      George              grocery dealer

See also the Hellesdon parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
December 2015