Norfolk: West Harling
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
West Harling is about 6 miles E. of Thetford.
It includes the hamlet of Middle Harling.
See also East Harling.
Not all memorials may be included, even when a transcription is marked
as complete, for example when stones are not legible enough to be read
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Church of All Saints
- Transcriptions and photographs of memorials.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Rockland, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of All Saints
- Description and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Parish Register Transcripts
- Baptisms 1813-1880
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1902 (and for the censuses of 1851 to 1901), West Harling was in
Guiltcross Registration District.
This district was abolished on 1st April 1902 and, from then until 1930,
West Harling was in
Thetford Registration District
for civil registration.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Harling Parish Council for East and West Harling
- Councillors, meetings, minutes, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
West Harling is in Guiltcross Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Guiltcross Hundred
- Description of Guiltcross Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Land Tax
- Principal property owners and occupiers, and the amounts paid.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World War 1.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.