Robert Fellowes, Esq., is lord of the manor, and owner of part of the soil; and the rest belongs to Robert Howard, Esq., C. and R. Gillett, and a few smaller owners.
The CHURCH (St. Peter and St. Paul,) is an ancient fabric, but the chancel has been rebuilt of brick. The vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £5, has 43A. 1R. 14P. of glebe, and a yearly rent of £236. 9s. 4d. in lieu of tithes. The Rev. George Burgess is the incumbent; and the Bishop of Ely is patron, and also appropriator of the rectorial tithes, which have been commuted for £330. 9s. 10d. per annum.
The Fuel Allotment, 16A. 3R. 12P., awarded at the enclosure in 1805, is let for £21, which is distributed in coals among the poor, who have also a yearly rent-charge of £5, left by Judith Lambe, in 1735, out of her estate here.
Beck James bricklayer Belson William shopkeeper Farman Robert basket maker Gillett Wm. gent Howard Rt. Esq Ives Robert vict. Lion Ives Barzilia farrier, &c Lincoln John vict. Crown Mallett Robert joiner, &c Messenger Rev John curate Rushmer Edward corn miller Shepherd S. overlooker of marsh Smith Helena beer seller Turner Joseph schoolmaster Wales John parish clerk Willgress James gentleman Wyand Eliz. vict. Hare & Hounds Blacksmiths. Butchers. Smith Robert Rumble Benj Wyand Alfred Smith Samuel Wyand Philip FARMERS. Dawdy Edward Howard Benj. Gillett Richard Rushmer James Gillett Robert Sharman Henry Gillett Wm. jun. Walnes Robert Joiners. Shoemakers. Gooch Robert Jones Thomas Jones Edw. shopr Mallett James Turner Charles
Copyright © Pat Newby.