[Transcription copyright © Paddy Apling]
HACKFORD parish, 2 miles E. of Hingham, has 264 souls, and 721A. of land, partly belonging to Lord Wodehouse, the lord of the manor.
The Church (Virgin Mary,), is a small thatched fabric, with a square tower, and was thoroughly repaired about four years ago. Its gallery was erected in 1827. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £4. 15s. 10d., and in 1831 at £240. T.T. Gurdon, Esq., is patron, and the Rev. M.B. Darby, of Hingham, incumbent.
The Fuel Allotment, 10A., was awarded at the enclosure, in 1807. The poor cut fuel upon it, and let the herbage for £10 a year.
Knowles Simon wheelwright Farrer Jas. basket maker Nelson Widow beer seller Smithson John blacksmith Storey Mr. James Bayes Turner Charlotte vict., Lion Wiffen Joseph cattle dealer farmers. Battleday John Grainger Mary Green Mattw. Head Jas. Lain Jas. Taylor Frederick George Odden
See also the Hackford (near Wymondham) parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.