Norfolk: Hackford (near Wymondham)
Zachary Clark: Charities belonging to the Poor: 1811
of the different CHARITIES
belonging to THE POOR
of the COUNTY of NORFOLK,
Abridged from the Returns under GILBERT'S ACT,
to the House of Commons in 1786;
and from THE TERRIERS
in the Office of the LORD BISHOP OF NORWICH.
by ZACHARY CLARK.
- G - (if present) an abridged extract from Gilbert's Returns, 1786
- T - (if present) an abridged extract from a terrier, with its date
- GT - (if present) combined abridged extracts from Gilbert's Returns
and a terrier.
- In the original, pounds are shown as "l" so, for example, 60 pounds
is shown as "60l." which is not easy to read. In this transcription
they are shown as "£" so 60 pounds appears as "£60".
- Hackford near Wymondham is in Forehoe Hundred.
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
(EYNSFORD [sic] HUNDRED.)
G.- 5s. given by Robert Seaman, (by Will as
has been understood) and which was paid to the
Churchwardens by Robert Smith, and distributed
to the Poor at Easter. The payment of
this donation has been refused from 1785, but
for what reason is not known.
See also the Hackford (near Wymondham) parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.