Norfolk: Hackford near Reepham
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Hackford near Reepham is about 11 miles N.W. of Norwich.
The parish is part of the Town of Reepham.
See also Reepham with Kerdiston
and Hackford near Wymondham.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- The parishes of Reepham with Kerdiston, Hackford and Whitwell share a
churchyard and civil cemeteries.
- See Reepham with Kerdiston.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Sparham, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church was dedicated to All Saints but it burnt down
in the 1500s.
The parishioners used the church at Whitwell.
It shares the same churchyard with the church of Reepham with Kerdiston.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of All Saints
- Description and pictures of the ruins.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Parish Register Transcripts
- Baptisms 1813-1880
- Parish Register Transcripts
- Baptisms 1584-1901, Banns 1754-1771,
Marriages 1559-1900 and Burials 1559-1900.
[Parish Register Transcription Society, Dart Series, 2000?]
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Hackford near Reepham
Aylsham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Hackford near Reepham is in Eynsford Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Eynsford Hundred
- Description of Eynsford Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain. Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of Claims (77): Whitwell and Hackford.
Drawn up in pursuance of the Act of Inclosure, 1803.
- Great Britain: Statute
- Whitwell and Hackford Inclosure Act, 1803.
An act for dividing, allotting, and inclosing the several open
fields, commonable meadow and pasture lands, and certain of
the commons and waste lands, within the parishes of Whitwell
and Hackford, in the county of Norfolk.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- After 1834 Hackford near Reepham became part of the
and the workhouses were at
These were replaced by a new workhouse at
Aylsham in 1849.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.