GLANDFORD, 2½ miles N.W. of Holt, is a small parish, containing 81 souls, and about 400 acres, but the parish of Bayfield is united with it for the support of the poor, and they contain together only 102 souls, and 1035 acres. Mrs. E.J. Best is owner of Glandford and lady of the manor.
The Church (St. Martin,) has been long in ruins, but its tower is nearly entire. The perpetual curacy is consolidated with Cockthorpe and Blakeney rectory, and has 11A. 1R. of glebe. The tithes were commuted, in 1839, for £94. 9s. 5d. per annum.
Leman Mrs. Fanny farmer Cooke W. & R. corn millers, &c.Mr. Wm. Cooke is chief constable.
Copyright © Pat Newby.