GAYTON-THORPE, a small retired village, nearly a mile S.E. of Gayton, and 8 miles E. by S. of Lynn, has in its parish 179 inhabitants, and 1,911 acres of land, exclusive of about 100 acres of plantations. It is all the property of Anthony Hamond, Esq., the lord of the manor, and patron of the rectory, valued in the King's Book at £6, and in 1831 at £260; and now enjoyed by the Rev. Geo. Coldham.
The CHURCH (St. Mary,) has a round tower with two bells, and a dome roof.
The farmers are Leonard Sooby, Richd. Palmer, and George Hall, vict., Gate.
Copyright © Pat Newby.