[Transcription copyright © Mike Bristow]
GASTHORPE, anciently called Gatesthorpe, is a parish in the vale of the Little Ouse, 3 miles S. by W. of East Harling, containing only a few scattered houses, 111 inhabitants, and about 825 acres of land, belonging to Thos. Thornhill, Esq., lord of the manor and patron of the CHURCH (St. Nicholas,) which has been long in ruins, and its rectory consolidated with Riddlesworth. The glebe is 21A., and the poor have 20s. a year, from land left by Dorothy Gawdy, in 1660.
Norton David shopkeeper Sheldrake Edward farmer Smith Robt. blacksmith
See also the Gasthorpe parish page.
Copyright © Mike Bristow.