Zachary Clark: Charities belonging to the Poor: 1811
of the different CHARITIES
belonging to THE POOR
of the COUNTY of NORFOLK,
Abridged from the Returns under GILBERT'S ACT,
to the House of Commons in 1786;
and from THE TERRIERS
in the Office of the LORD BISHOP OF NORWICH.
by ZACHARY CLARK.
- G - (if present) an abridged extract from Gilbert's Returns, 1786
- T - (if present) an abridged extract from a terrier, with its date
- GT - (if present) combined abridged extracts from Gilbert's Returns
and a terrier.
- In the original, pounds are shown as "l" so, for example, 60 pounds
is shown as "60l." which is not easy to read. In this transcription
they are shown as "£" so 60 pounds appears as "£60".
- Gatesthorpe was another name for Gasthorpe.
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
G.- Mrs. Dorothy Gawdy gave by Will, the
10th of August 1660, for the Poor of this place,
£1 per annum from Land in Garboldisham,
vested in John Bote.
See also the Gasthorpe parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.