FRENZE, 1 mile E. of Diss, has only 46 souls, and about 420A. of land. It is ecclesiastically a separate parish, but is united with Scole and Thorpe Parva, for the maintenance of the poor.
It is occupied by, and mostly the property of Sheldrake Smith Esq., of Frenze Hall, who is also patron of the rectory, valued in the King's Book at £2. 13s. 4d., and now enjoyed by the Rev. Robert Wegg, of Dickleburgh. The tithes were commuted in 1840, for £106 per annum.
The Church (St. Andrew,) is a small antique fabric, and has four fine brasses, on which are graved effigies of the Blenerhasset family, and on another is the figure of Joanna Barham.
Copyright © Pat Newby.