[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
FREETHORPE, 8 miles W. by S. of Yarmouth, and 12 miles E.S.E. of Norwich, has in its parish 388 souls, and 903 acres of land, including 34A of commons. It belongs mostly to R.H.V. Walpole and R. Nevill, Esqrs., and partly to Robert Gilbert, Esq. They are also impropriators of the rectorial tithes, and the two former are lords of the manor.
The Church (All Saints,) is a vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £12, and consolidated with Reedham rectory. (See page 498 [which is the entry for Reedham].) It has 9A. 2R. 30P. of glebe, and was augmented with £400 of Queen Anne's Bounty in 1760 and 1784.
Carter William blacksmith Crane Thomas shopkeeper Farman John B. vict., Rampant Horse Farman Henry tailor Green Henry joiner Hunting Daniel John veterinary surgeon Mallett John shoemaker Read Rd. brickmaker Wales James saddler Wells Henry wheelwright Cockerill Daniel John farmer Read Richard farmer Worm Henry farmer Bean Richard carrier to Norwich, Saturday
See also the Freethorpe parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.